Here are all the Confirmed, Un-Announced & Rumoured Game titles that are expected to be released on Microsoft’s Next-Gen Console – which was announced earlier today that it will be officially revealed to the public on May 21st. Keep checking back to this page as well be sure to update it once more information becomes available, also If you think we’ve missed anything let us know.
Confirmed Next-Gen Titles: (But Will They Be Playable On Microsoft’s Next-Gen Console?)
- The Next Call Of Duty Game (Call of Duty: Ghosts) - No platforms have yet been announced for the game but with it’s past success on the Xbox360 as well as Microsoft’s & Activision’s partnership, we’ll most definitely see it on Microsoft’s next console – possibly as a launch title.
- Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag – It’s been confirmed for the PlayStation 4 & considering its past success and popularity I’m sure we’ll see it on Microsoft’s new console.
- Battlefield 4 - It’s also been confirmed for the PlayStation 4 & considering its past success and popularity I’m sure we’ll see it on Microsoft’s new console.
- Rainbow 6: Patriots - Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said Rainbow 6: Patriots is still in development and “there’s a good chance it can be” pushed to next-generation consoles.
- Theif - Square-Enix’s reboot of Thief was announced for PlayStation 4 “and other next-gen platforms” for a release sometime in 2014.
- The Evil Within - The newest game from Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami was announced by Bethesda for a 2014 release on “next-generation consoles”.
Un-Announced Titles: (Games We Know Exist, Although Have Not Yet Been Officially Announced)
- Halo 5 - Before the release of Halo 4, 343 Industries confirmed that it was the first part of a new Halo trilogy. In 2012, job listings by 343 were posted “to help create the current and next generation of game visuals in the Halo universe.”
- Ryse - An anonymous source suggests that Ryse (the first-person Roman combat game first revealed in 2010) has been “re-worked into a next-generation game designed to be Microsoft’s new Gears of War / Halo mega launch title.” The game is said to “take advantage of the new body tracking improvements in the next Kinect sensor.”
- Jason West and Vince Zampella former Infinity Ward heads who went on to form Respawn Entertainment are said to be working on a Next-Gen Sci-Fi Shooter that will be officially revealed at this years E3.
- Team Bondi is working on a new game set in Shanghai during 1936 known as ‘Whore of the Orient’. Looking at their previous game ‘L.A Noire’ we can assume there’s gonna be a lot of drug trading and organised crime
- Human Element - Former Infinity Ward Community Manager – Robert Bowling has his studio Robotki working on ‘Human Element’ which is set to be released sometime in 2015. The game takes place 35 years after a zombie apocalypse when your main objective is…. well is to survive. Human Element is planned for a 2015 release
- Rage 2 & Doom 4 - Id Software has said they will begin work on the ‘Rage’ Sequel – ‘Rage 2′ once Doom 4 is out (which is said to be a next-gen title) – which sadly still does not have a release date so don’t expect Rage 2 out any time soon.
- GTA 5 – With Grand Theft Auto V delayed until September it’s possible it’ll also be released on next-gen consoles.
- THQ’s former Volition, Relic and Crytek UK studios are working on ’Homefront 2′ after bankruptcy files from the company were leaked. Quite possible we’ll see the game on the next Xbox as Crytek was the company that originally outed the Xbox 720′s Durango codename.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts - With Treyarch developing last years Black Ops 2, this year it’s Infinity Ward & Sledgehammer Games turn to develop the next Call of Duty game – Call of Duty 10. A job listing on its site calling for a senior animator “with experience in game development and an interest in working with next-generation technologies.”
- Yager, the studio that brought us Spec Ops: The Line has confirmed they are working on a AAA title for next-gen consoles, it will run on the Unreal Engine 4 & is set to be revealed in the coming months
- Warhorse studio is currently working on an un-announced medieval RPG game. Its is being developed using a modified version of CryEngine3.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Witcher 3 was officially announced by CD Projekt RED for release in 2014 and is set to target “all top of the line consoles and PC.” It was advertised as “a next generation RPG.”
Rumoured Titles: (Games That Are Thought To Be In Development From Various Leaks)
- Mafia III - Rumors suggest that Mafia III is in development at 2K Czech and was delayed in order to shift to next-generation consoles
- Forza Motorsport 5 - An anonymous source suggests that a new entry in the Forza series with “super life-like graphics” will be a launch title on the next Xbox.  Job listings also suggested in 2012 that a next-gen version was in the works.
- Next-gen Family Fun Game - An anonymous source suggested that the next Xbox will launch with “a family game set on an island with Pixar movie-style graphics” that “will utilize Kinect to scan a body and generate a virtual character in the game.”
- Next-Gen Co-op Zombie Game - An anonymous source suggested that the next Xbox will launch with “a zombie game,” which has caused some to speculate that it could be Dead Rising 3.
- Mirrors Edge 2 - DICE is set to be working on ‘Mirrors Edge 2′ which will most likely be out on next-gen systems.
- Sonic - Sega is said to be working on a next-gen Sonic game.
- The developers of the God of War PSP games are developing “an exciting new AAA IP for a Next-Generation home console game system.”
- Turtle Rock Studios – Creators of Left 4 Dead are working on a ‘co-op multiplayer’ FPS powered by Crytek’s CryEngine 3.
- Just Cause Developers at Avalanche Studio is working with Square Enix on a “groundbreaking” open world title.
- Alan Wake developer Remedy posted on its community forums that it is hiring more than 20 people for work on a game for “future generation consoles.”
VIDEO: Next-Gen Gaming: What Are Developers Working On? (Xbox720, PS4)
For a Complete List of all the Confirmed Games for the PlayStation 4 head over here.
Oh yea, Here’s 10 Steam Codes for Arma III Alpha Lite – first in best dressed (one per person)
Be sure to follow us on Twitter & Facebook for updates on the Xbox720 as well as other gaming news. If you missed out on a code let us know on Twitter or Facebook!
Live in Australia? Missed Out on PAX Tickets? We’ve got you covered – Enter our PAX Aus Ticket Comp Here, Were Giving Away 2 Free Tickets!