Today the first details of Dead Island Riptide were announced at PAX. It was announced back at E3 that the game was in the making and that it would be a direct sequel to developer Techland’s 2011 hit ‘Dead Island.’
“The survivors of the zombie-apocalypse on the once beautiful island resort of Banoi escaped in a helicopter to the safety of a military ship. When a furious storm hits and the virus suddenly spreads throughout the crew, the nightmare starts all over again, leaving hope drowning in the rising tides. Devastated by a monsoon, the island of Palanai is crawling with new zombie mutations. A fifth character with an all-new skillset will join the team, providing much needed support. Additional multiplayer communication features and brand new hub defense missions will test the survivor’s teamplay skills.”
Dead Island Riptide – Official Interferences Reveal Trailer
- New Character
- New Vehicles
- New Levels and Weather Conditions
- Evolved Multiplayer
- Weapon Proficiency
- Hub Defense Game Mechanics
They thought they had escaped the terrors of Banoi and survived the apocalypse on a corrupted paradise. Then their fate took a turn for the worse… The Dead Island heroes escaped in a helicopter to the safety of a military ship, but when a furious storm hits and the virus suddenly spreads throughout the crew, the nightmare starts all over again, leaving hope drowning in the rising tides.
- Xian - “Xian Mei is an employee at the Royal Palm Resort, born and raised in China, she chose an occupation that allowed her to leave her country of birth in order to experience different people and cultures – Banoi is her first placement outside of her homeland.”
- Sam B – “A one-hit-wonder rap star of fading fame, Sam B was booked by the Royal Palms Resort Hotel to perform his well known song “Who do You Voodoo?” at a high profile hotel party. He gladly took the chance to play this gig.”
- Logan - “A former American football star, spoiled by life and successful in every possible way, Logan’s ego finally put an end to his bright future. Taking part in a reckless street race with tragic consequences, Logan not only killed a young woman – his unfortunate passenger; he also fractured his knee, putting an end to his sports career. His fall from stardom inevitably followed and he plunged swiftly into a life of bitterness and despair. In an attempt to get away from the demons hunting him, he gladly takes the chance to experience the beauties and wonders of Banoi.”
- Purna – “Purna is a former officer of the Sydney Police department. After losing her career when she killed a child molester who could not be touched legally because of his wealth and connections, Purna then turned to working as a bodyguard for VIPs in dangerous places all over the world.”
- New Character (Unknown Name)
Dead Island Riptide will be released in 2013 for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
Dont Forget! To Subscribe to our weekly Newsletter with all the latest Gaming News, Competitions & More! Just Enter Your Email in the form Below!