Another HUGE announcement was released yesterday by EB Games regarding this years EB Expo & honestly I don’t think the Expo could get any better.
This year EB Games have managed to bring Ed Boon (creator of the fighting game franchise Mortal Kombat) and Omar Kendall from SuperBot Entertainment as well as Josh Holmes. As well as Sega and Gearbox Community Managers, Assassins Creed III Associate Producer, Julien Laferriere and Assassins Creed III Mission Director, Philippe Bergeron.
Some more news regarding the EB Live schedule was released and is as follows: Full schedule can be found here
- PlayStation: The Last of Us™,PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale, and revolutionary new peripheral, Wonderbook™
- Xbox 360: Halo 4 and XBox LIVE
- Ubisoft: Assassins Creed III and more to be announced!
- Warner: Injustice: Gods Among Us
- Square Enix: Tomb Raider & Hitman Absolution
- EA and THQ presentations still to come
EB are once again promising a “mammoth” grand opening ceremony on the Friday & Saturday morning with “all new Showtime FMX motocross and a exclusive stunt show – this year with twice the thrills and an epic stunt finale you have to see to believe! Don’t miss the spectacular finale to the Friday and Saturday Twilight sessions featuring a thrilling fireworks show fusing live pyrotechnics and all the best gaming action from the EB EXPO 2012.”
They also revealed that the Expo will feature the ‘Madman Theatre’ that will be featuring the international debut screening of the ground breaking Mass Effect: Paragon Lost motion picture, months before the slated release in late December/January 2013.
“Born of an epic collaboration between the legendary Bioware and visionary Production I.G (Ghost in the Shell, Kill Bill: Vol.1), Mass Effect: Paragon Lost is the prequel to the highly acclaimed Mass Effect 3″
If this is the first time your hearing about the EB Games Expo, here’s everything you need to know. The EB Expo is being held in Sydney at the Sydney Olympic Park Showground and will span over 3 days – 5th, 6th & 7th of October. The EB Games Expo is the biggest gaming event in Australia’s history (Australia’s own version of E3).
“Attendees will have this unique opportunity to experience the hottest video games before they are released, as the world’s leading publishers present their new releases across the three day gaming extravaganza. Over 25,000 square metres of gaming heaven for consumers, showcasing the most anticipated games and the latest consoles, accessories, devices and all things gaming FIRST!”
The Expo will be featuring a wide range of activities to suit all gamers.
- EBLive: EB Live is an exclusive chance to listen to keynotes from the developers themselves, in a massive arena with crazy effects and a HUGE cinema sized screen. EB Expo 2011 boasted big names such as Peter Moore and the DICE team, so who knows what this year will bring us! (The full schedule presentations schedule can be found on the expo website)
- Arena Spectacular: The Arena Spectacular is a high energy fusion of the best Expo game content, explosive pyrotechnic flares and the Showtime FMX motorbike stunt team. Expect a brand new FULLY LOADED show chock full of exciting surprises. Experience video games like never before with grand scale video projections on a HUGE screen over 30m wide!
- E-Sports: We have partnered with the best leagues and tournaments across Australia to create a huge eSports program with loads of casual and competitive gaming competitions across all platforms – PC, console and mobile. There will be some amazing prizes on offer for casual and competitive gamers and experienced gamers will be on hand to share their knowledge and pass on gaming tips for those who want to get hands on with the best new games.
- Home Grown Developers: Australia’s best known and emerging developers showcase their latest and greatest games. Australian developers are producing some of the world’s most popular games.
- Home Grown Tech Zone: The Home Grown Tech Zone is where you need to go if you want to experience the latest technology available for gamers. The world’s leading brands will be on display in this exciting experiential environment inspired by Tron Legacy and brought to life with UV lights, projections, a huge LED DJ tower and glow bar area.
- Cosplay: Cosplay is part of what makes any good convention a GREAT convention, and EB Expo is no exception. That’s why for this year’s Expo, there is something for all levels of cosplayer, whether you want to take centre stage or are just in it for the laughs.
- EB X Awards: The EBX Awards are presented in conjunction with the EB Games Expo, and recognise the achievements of publishers and distributors in the gaming community. The awards are voted upon by the consumers and media attending the EB Expo, with the winners announced during the Expo’s Grand Finale show.
and much much more…
You think that’s Awesome? Check out this awesome list of the featured games at this years expo!
Tickets are on sale NOW! but Hurry they won’t last long! Express & Ultimate Gamer Passes are SOLD OUT. General admission for all 3 days & Friday Express passes are still available but selling fast! Go here for ticket information and prices, for all other info on the event go to http://www.ebexpo.com.au
SEE YOU THERE!
And if we still haven’t convinced you to attend this years EB Games Expo then take a look at the sort of time we had last year.