Microsoft’s Gamescom 2013 Conference has just concluded. Missed the event? Here’s a complete wrap up of what went down…
- Microsoft announces Independent Developers @ Xbox initiative that aims to make development and publishing more accessible than it was on Xbox 360. Studio’s will have access Xbox One – Kinect, SmartGlass, Xbox Live, rich analytics, cloud Xbox Independent Games program will have no fees, no certification, no activation. Starting today, developers can apply for the program, become registered developers, and receive two Xbox One development kits.
- New Fable game – “Fable Legends” coming to XboxOne. Game is being developed by Lionhead Studio’s and is designed for four-player co-op. Players can choose weather to play as hero or villain
- “Fighter Within” from Ubisoft coming exclusively to Xbox One – Kinect fighting game. Screenshots here.
- Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy’s: The Division will have exclusive Xbox One content before and after the launch of the game, short demo of The Division companion app. The Division will also be coming to PC.
- The next title from MojangTeam - ‘Cobalt’ is coming to Xbox 360 and XboxOne.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts will have dedicated servers on XboxOne. New Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer mode “Blitz” and map “Chasm” being shown tomorrow.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts XboxOne bundle including exclusive content coming soon.
- Now showing the Kinect Sports Rivals feature that uses Kinect to scan you and put you in the game.
- Peggle 2 is an Xbox One Launch title and Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare coming in 2014 – both are coming first to Xbox One.
- FIFA 14 Legends mode coming exclusively to FIFA 14 Ultimate Team on Xbox One
- FIFA 14 will be included free with all Xbox One pre-orders in Europe, including pre-orders to date, while stocks last
- Presentation is now over, media get hands on time with titles which are all running on Xbox One.
- No exact release date was announced.
The conference ran for approximately 30 minutes and was not live streamed. Stay tuned for a event highlights video coming soon. What did you think of the conference? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below…