Earlier today Apple released their earnings results to press for Q3 2012, in which Apple CEO Time Cook announced that OS X Mountain Lion will be officially launching tomorrow. Mountain Lion will be priced at $19.99US and will be available via the Mac App Store.
“We’re thrilled with record sales of 17 million iPads in the June quarter,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “We’ve also just updated the entire MacBook line, will release Mountain Lion tomorrow and will be launching iOS 6 this Fall. We are also really looking forward to the amazing new products we’ve got in the pipeline.”
Some highlights from the Conference call are:
- iPod Touch accounts for more than half of iPods sold.
- Share of mp3 market is higher than 70%. Top selling mp3 player in most countries Apple tracks.
- $1.8 billion from iTunes Store.
- Launched iTunes in 12 new countries.
- 20 million songs.
- 26 million iPhones. 20.3 million last year. 28% YoY growth. Ahead of amount we factored into our guidance.
- 250 carriers in over 100 countries.
- 17 million iPads versus 9.2 million last year, up 84%.
- Very strong growth in sales around the world.
- Sold in 97 countries.
- App Store in 155 countries. 650k apps, 225k for iPad.
- Surpassed $5.5 billion in payments to developers.
- 150 million iCloud users.
- iOS 6 coming this fall.
- Apple Retail: $4.1 billion in revenue, up 17% year over year. Growth coming from record iPad sales and iPhone sales. 791k Macs, half the Macs sold to customers to new Mac owners.
- 9 new stores. 372 stores total. 123 stores outside US.
- $11.1 million versus $10.8 million revenue per store.
- 80.3 million visitors total. 17,000 visitors per store per week
- Extremely confident in our strategy.
- Amazing new products in the pipeline.