Dead Island: Riptide – Video Preview:
Dead Island: Riptide the sequel to Dead Island was officially announced back in June of 2012 that it was currently in development by developers at Techland Studios & that it will be released for the PlayStation 3, Xbox360 & PC on April 23rd, 2013. Dead Island: Riptide will feature new mutated zombies, dynamic weather systems, varied environments & new “hub defence” missions.
“Furious monsoon rainstorms have laid waste to the island of Palanai in the Banoi archipelago. Waters have risen and caused a flood disaster. Because of this and the raging zombie invasion, a rescue mission for the survivors seems to be without prospect of success. All hope seems to have been lost for the surviving humans.”
Key Gameplay Features:
”Dead Island Riptide brings back the explosive mix of open-world gameplay, co-op first-person action and RPG elements to fans worldwide.”
- Players can import their original Dead Island game character progression through to the sequel.
- Level limitations between co-op partners has been removed, with auto-balancing for enemy groups being implemented.
- Connecting to another player in co-op has been made simpler, where the game now automatically mentions if friends are logged in and nearby, letting them just jump into the player’s game.
- Disconnections are handled more gracefully, and when people drop out of a group, there is a simple notification before a player can continue to play as they were before.
- Players will not have to wait to get firearms until later in the game.
- Firearms can be obtained early in the game.
- Weapons will be more durable and last longer
- New mutated zombies, including the Grenadier zombie.
- Zombie spawning system has been altered and overhauled.
New Zombie Types Include:
Drowner - A type of zombie that appear as lifeless corpses, submerged in water, but spring to life when a human walks nearby. They have similar characteristics of Walkers due to their ability to grapple and sprint.
Grenadier - Zombies that throw grenades at the survivors, they can also rip cancerous growths from its legs and lower body and throw them at the survivors.
Wrestler - They are large, buff zombies that use their large fists to slam the survivors inflicting a lot of damage.
Ogre – Characteristics Unknown.
In Dead Island: Riptide there will be more zombies on screen at any one time and developers have said they have completely overhauled the zombie re spawning system. Zombies will still reappear as a player returns to areas that they had already cleared, but the game is going to try and handle this in a more intelligent & complex fashion. The game will take into account if the player is on a mission, how recently the players last passed through, the character’s condition and whether the player is playing in a group or solo.
Check Out the Full Wiki Here With Extra Info & Content:
Also Be Sure to Follow Us on;