“Revenge Solves Everything”
Dishonored is a first person stealth, action game being developed by Arkane Studios & published by Bethesda Softworks, the game will not feature any co-op or multiplayer modes only a singleplayer/ campaign mode. The game is not an open world, however each mission will be its own sandbox offering the player multiple ways to approach the given tasks. Dishonored is set to be released on the 9th of October in the USA, the 11th October in Australia and the 12th for Europe. It will be out on the PS3, Xbox360 & PC, so with all that said here’s what we know so far.
“Teleport for stealth approaches, possess any living creature, or stop time itself to orchestrate unearthly executions! Combining your suite of supernatural abilities and weapons opens up even more ways to overcome obstacles and eliminate targets. The game’s upgrade system allows for the mastery of deadly new abilities and devious gadgets.”
GAME NAME: Dishonored
DEVELOPER(S): Arkane Studios
PLATFORM(S): Playstation 3, Xbox360 & PC
GENRE(S): Action/ Adventure/ Stealth
RELEASE DATE(S): October 9th 2012
In Dishonored Players take on the role of Corvo Atano, Before he became a deadly assassin Corvo was once the most trusted bodyguard for the Empress. After being framed for her murder Corvo and the kidnapping of her daughter the only heir to the throne. He then takes on a life filled with revenge, seeking it off those who have done wrong by him. Following the Empress death, a new regime emerges from no where, taking away peoples rights, enforcing stricter laws and shielding parts of the city from a mysterious disease that threatens to tear Dunwall apart.
“As you navigate a world torn apart by plague and oppressed by a government armed with strange new technologies, the truth behind your betrayal is as murky as the waters surrounding the city.”
Dishonored – Debut Trailer:
Gameplay features will include meaningful choices and supernatural abilities like being able to teleport, freeze time or even being able to possess living creatures. The game is not an open world, but each mission will be its own sandbox offering you, the player multiple ways to complete missions.
Dishonored takes place in the seaside industrial town of Dunwall, a city full of corruption and a spreading plague. Dunwell, being an industrial city was once prosperous and booming with life, but recently it has fallen into chaos, disorder and mass corruption. With the discovery of oil in Dunwell, new technology was created – modernized weaponary. The Lord Regent is determined to contain and stop the plague by any means necessary, he beings street patrolling with armed, mechanized sentries and enforcing quarantines as well as strict curfews.
“Dishonored is set in a hostile world that spans harsh seas, distant savage lands and neo-industrial cities. Far from the untamed wilds of the Pandyssian Continent, The Isles are the heart of civilization. Although an Imperial government rules across the Isles, each island boasts its own monarch and economy. Diplomatic and trade relations vary.”
Protagonists (Good Guys)
- Corvo Atano - the game’s main protagonist, Was once the bodyguard to Empress Jessamine Kaldwin. After being framed for her murder he is now driven by revenge as he becomes an infamous assassin.
- Emily Kaldwin – Is Gristol’s rightful heir.
- Jessamine Kaldwin - The mother of Emily Kaldwin
- The Outsider - The Outsider is a supernatural being regarded as “part devil, part angel, and entirely ambiguous”
- Calista - Emily Kaldwin’s caretaker.
- Piero – is an inventor/scientist, he is the creator of Corvo’s mask.
Antagonists (Bad Guys)
- Hiram Burrows - Lord Regent Hiram Burrows, is the game’s main antagonist. Burrows – the mind behind the plot to kill Empress Jessamine Kaldwin.
- Anton Sokolov - Anton Sokolov is the head of The Academy of Natural Philosophy.
- Pendleton Twins - Enforcers of Dunwell’s corrupt government
During the course of the games story you’ll battle your way through many different enemies, some of these confirmed enemies are:
- City Watch Officer - The cities law enforcers separated from criminals only by a uniform.
- Bottle Street Gang - Criminals of Dunwell’s underbelly
- Lord Regent - A royal spy master who ascends to power after the death of the empress
- Courtesan - These femme fatales are “driven by fear, greed or cunning; one thing is clear: none can be trusted.”
- Elite Guard - more polished and professional than the average city guard, but just as brutal.
- Warfare Overseer – deadly operatives of the militant religious group, The Abbey of the Everyman.
- Tallboys - Deadly sentinels armed with explosives along with extended legs for an incredible advantage
Dishonored Gameplay Trailer
As well as having weapons, supernatural powers play a major role in the game. To purchase or upgrade powers players must first fine ‘Runes’ every power has a re-charge time before it can be used again, althrough recharge times vary for each power.
Supernatural Powers include:
- Bend Time - allows the player to slow down or speed up time, this power would be very helpful dodging bullets from guns.
- Blink - A power given or Corvo by the outsider. It allows you to quickly move between points.
- Devouring Swarm – This power sends a swarm of rats that will attack multiple targets.
- Possession – Allows Corvo to possess the bodies of animals or people, including targets he is trying to kill. At first the power can only be used on animals but can later be upgraded for human use.
- Windblast – Corvo will send out a powerful blast of wind useful for knocking targets off high points or blowing enemies back onto the ground, giving yourself an opportunity for a quick escape.
Some of the confirmed weapons for Dishonored so far are:
- Corvo’s Mask
- Corvo’s Sword
- Spring Razor
- The Heart
- Whalebone Charms
- Wheellock Pistol
Game Currency – Runes:
Runes are a type of currency in the game and may be used to purchase and/or upgrade Powers.
Some modes of transportation in the game will be:
- Rail Cars
- Whaling Trawler
No DLC plans for the game have yet been announced. We’ll be sure to update you if there is any change to this.
Gamestop (US) – Preorder Dishonored at Gamestop to recive a set of Exclusive Tarot Cards & the Exclusive Arcane Assassin Pack!
EB Games (AUS) - Preorder Dishonored at EB Games to receive the Bonus Arcane Assassin DLC Pack!
JB HI-FI (AUS) - Preorder Dishonored at JB HI-FI to receive an exclusive Dishonored t-shirt & keyring.
Gameplays & Trailers:
E3 2012: Dishonored – Gameplay Demo & Interview
Dishonored – The Study of Stealth
Dishonored – Creative Kills
So that’s everything we know about Dishonored, if you’ve got any information we’ve missed let us know! So, are you excited for the game?
Follow Us on…
Dont Forget! To Subscribe to our weekly Newsletter with all the latest Gaming News, Competitions & More! Just Enter Your Email in the form Below!